Sunday, July 6, 2014

Beautiful Face!

We received a referral for our sweet little girl July 4th!!! She is absolutely adorable, has a beautiful name, big eyes, lots of hair, and a little younger than we were expecting. This post looks so boring without a picture of her and I wish we could include one, but we're not allowed to post her picture or much info on social media. I'll definitely share tons more about her if you want to ask in real life though!! :) We actually just got one black and white picture of her from the agency on Friday but we're supposed to get another color picture of her and hopefully a bit more information about her Monday morning, which can't come fast enough!
Unfortunately, when I got the call from our adoption agency, Kyle and I happened to be away from each other for a couple days and had to open her picture together over the phone (not at all like anything I imagined in all my different daydream scenarios about the day we'd receive our referral), but it was still so special, and I still cried, and I got to share her with a few close friends that I was with on a girls' trip. It's definitely a 4th of July I will never forget! We are of course beyond excited, and were so happy to be able to share her picture and the little we know about her last night at church. I say it all the time, but I absolutely love our awesome church filled with compassionate, supportive, wonderful friends who love Jesus and love us--so grateful!

Now we have months more of waiting and more paperwork. Thankfully it's not nearly as much paperwork as the home study and dossier, but the other side of that is, it's less about what we can do, and more about just sitting and waiting for India to get everything done on their side. We have so many questions about who she is and where she is, and we're making a list of questions that will hopefully all be answered by our agency and/or her orphanage. They say the waiting on this side of it is 8-12 months--more on the 12 months side, and I've heard of plenty of cases where it's taken much longer, so I'm praying for patience on my side and efficiency on India's side. The last week or two was starting to get rough for me in the waiting for a referral, and I know it's only going to get harder from here since I know her sweet face and we all want her home, so lots of prayer for us would be amazing. I'll try to update more often than I have over the last few months--since it's been pretty much no updating that'll be pretty easy. ;) Not that there will be anything necessarily to say, but I'll be around just to remind everyone to keep praying. Next post I'll explain what things we're waiting for before we can bring her home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie!!! That is so very exciting! I will be praying for your patience and continue to pray for her well being and sense of Gods great love for her! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you all, and especially that sweet little Sparrow. I hope the waiting is short & the process smooth. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So HAPPY to hear this!! You'll have to email and let me know what region she's from! So happy for your family! God is good!

    ReplyDelete