Friday, December 6, 2013

Come Soon

I know I've said this in a million ways on this blog already (and I'm sure I'll say it a million more times), but we are in awe of how the Lord's people have desired to help in any way they can in bringing our little one home. At the beginning of this I didn't even want to have to ask for money--to ask to borrow people's tables for our sales has been hard enough! I knew it was going to be awesome to see it all raised, but asking people for help is not the easiest thing for me to do (unless it's my parents--thanks mom and dad!). But then the offerings of wonderful friends and strangers of their possessions, time, money, talents came pouring in and I've been very humbled as I've watched how his people have given and given. I'm grateful that we're surrounded by friends who love Jesus and want to serve with all they have been given. And as a side note--I'm grateful for a God who creates people in so many unique and diverse ways--what a bunch of beautiful people he has created in this world!
All that to say--we have been blessed by yet another friend! I mentioned a few blogs ago that our (very talented and big hearted) worship pastor, Drue Phillips, wrote a song for Advent last year, and this year wanted to record it for everyone to worship with during this season. Instead of telling you all about it, I'll just let you go to the fundraising page he created for our adoption using this song! He put together a video that talks about the song and our story and is offering a download for $1! I could talk all day about how moving this song is but my words would never do it justice. I feel this way about all of Drue's songs--the Lord has blessed him with some unbelievable talent, but this song touches a special place in my heart during this season of expectant waiting.
Yes, it helps our adoption, but more than that I know it will bless you in amazing ways. You can check out this song for only $1, but I'd also encourage you to at least go for a download of this and his album for $10--it's all beautiful! Thank you Drue!!

Come Soon

Also-while I'm on our awesome friends helping us--if you didn't see on our fb page, due to this crazy ice all over everything we're moving the craft fair to next Saturday. I know it gets busier and busier the closer we get to Christmas, but this sale is worth making time for since you'll cross off at least half of the names on your Christmas list while you're there. I'm telling you--we seriously have some of the most talented friends in the world. How does that happen?!

NEXT Saturday! December 14th!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote out a long reply to your question and somehow it didn't post and was lost. Sorry. The short version is that we have heard of no problems regarding sibling groups. We do know that India does not like to place children out of birth order. I don't know how old your bio child/ren is/are, so I don't know if that would be a possible issue or not. What agency are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate when you lose long typed out things!
      We're with children of the world. Our bio children are 6 and 3. I didn't know that india doesn't like to place out of birth order--learn something new all the time! :) our agency said at first (this summer) that india just wasn't placing siblings, and more recently, a little before we were registered, she said she's doesn't know for sure but she doesn't think so especially since she hasn't seen any siblings on the list. When I asked another agency (IFS) this summer they said there were siblings, so I just wasn't sure. So strange. But there is a blog I just read that they were matched with two girls (2/3 &5 I think) just recently. I need to ask them!

      Delete