Thursday, December 5, 2013

REGISTERED!!!!

We are officially registered with CARA!!! And (as Kyle had to point out to to me) it happened on Eli's 6th birthday! I can't wait to let him know after school, he's going to be soooo excited to know that we're a step closer. This process is so confusing to the kids. :)
We can now be matched with a child anytime--but I'm sure it'll still be months before we find out who she is. I keep shifting between super excited to being nervous about the REALLY hard waiting that's coming. I want to receive a call saying we have a referral but I dread opening that picture, falling in love, and having to wait and wait and wait for who knows how long for people to get their act together and get that baby home to me! I do get it--I like that there's a process. Processes make sure kids aren't kidnapped and sold to the highest bidder. Processes done right make sure you don't have to deal with years and years of battling of all sorts in courts in multiple countries. But I've also seen over the last few months how frustrating it can be waiting on that ONE person to simply pick up your paper, do what they need to do, and send it out...and that's before I even know who our child is.
But really, I will take all the (sometimes impatient) waiting to have that little one in our family!!
So I'm celebrating today! Celebrating my smart, handsome, life loving 6 year old, and celebrating that we are now officially waiting to see our little Sparrow's face for the first time!!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you received good news on your son's birthday! Happy! And I agree that it's really hard to explain all of the steps to younger kids . . . and even older ones -- they always want to know why it takes so long. (Well, so do the grown-ups, but you've listed some important reasons here!) :o)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day for Eli and your little one awaiting you in India! It may not be as long as you think -- I told you how quickly we got our referral! :) You are in my prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet way to celebrate Eli's birthday! Also, I just saw you are closing in on the halfway point in your fundraising! Yay! Excited to see how God supplies the rest of the $.

    ReplyDelete